There’s no denying that aficionados of Afro Pop vibes have been regaled this year. And the tap of Pon Pon rhythms is still turned on as artists from all over are still squeezing in potential hits this late into the year. Leading the charge are some of the earlier Pon Pon sound champions: Mr Eazi and Tekno. And it seems that Eazi even found a way to marry promotion with philanthropy.
Speaking of philanthropy, let’s salute the recently appointed UN Women goodwill ambassador, Viviane Chidid, for her fight to eradicate violence against women. A longtime advocate of gender equality (most notably through her music), the Senegalese songbird has vowed keep on breaking barriers. Next year, in celebration of International Women’s Day, Viviane (née N’Dour), the queen of Mbalax, becomes the second African Woman to headline at the mythical Le Zénith.
01. Mr Eazi ::: Pour Me Water
02. DJ Neptune ::: Mia Mia
03. Tekno ::: Only One
04. Stonebwoy ::: Hold on You (feat. Khalia)
05. Sneakbo ::: Nah (feat. Not3s)
06. DJ Zoumanto ::: Do Like I Do (feat. Ko-C & Mimie)
07. Matilda ::: Avec toi
08. Franglish ::: Plus haut
09. Dehmo ::: R.S.
10. Georgio ::: Brûle
11. Two Friends ::: Just a Kid (feat. Kevin Writer)
12. Sean Tizzle ::: Wasted (Acoustic Version)
13. Thomas Rhett ::: Marry Me
14. Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli ::: Perfect Symphony
15. Russ ::: Wife You Up
16. OHNO ::: Love
17. Trap Beckham ::: On the Rocks
18. Omarion ::: Nudes
19. Run The Jewels ::: Call Ticketron
20. Viviane Chidid ::: Ñu Dém Zénith (feat. Mbaye Dieye Faye)
21. Small Doctor ::: This Year